Our Client, the National leader in their industry, is seeking a talented Solutions Architect to join their growing software development organization. This role will play an integral part in architecting custom web development and integration solutions specifically focused on Microsoft technologies. This is a 6-month contract opportunity based in the west-end Greater Toronto Area (GTA) with a strong probability of extension. We have worked extensively with this Client for 15+ years and have received excellent feedback from those candidates whom we have successfully placed. Please contact us to learn more.
Reporting to the Director of Strategy and Enterprise Architecture, in this opportunity you will undertake the following:
Creation of Solution Architectures for complex systems primarily focused on Web-based Applications and B2B integrations
Providing in-depth technical leadership, guidance and knowledge in the areas of IT Architecture, Software Development, Data Management, and Microsoft technologies
Design, development and presentation of reports on technology direction and trends
Participate in Development and Governance of relevant Strategies, Standards and Guidelines
Planning and delivery of technology assessments, including Proof of Concepts as needed
Participation in research and development of new service/product offerings for client's LOB's
• Must have a University Degree preferably Computer Science or equivalent
• Must have 10+ years IT experience in developing Systems/Applications, at least 3 years practicing Architecture role.
• Participation in Enterprise Architecture development and TOGAF certification would be a plus
• Strong technical expertise and exposure to Application Architecture, Data Architecture, Enterprise Application Integration
• Strong “Concept to Implementation” design skills using Architecture styles and design patterns
• Experience with Object Oriented Design, Business Process Modeling and implementation of Design Patterns
• Strong, proven expertise in architecture principles, concepts and industry best practices
• UML and Data Modeling
• Strong expertise in .NET Framework, .NET Core, C#, ASP.NET, MVC, ASP.NET Core, ASP.NET Web API, WCF Web Services, SQL Server, BizTalk, XML Schemas
• Mobile application development experience would be a plus
• Experience in the data architecture, data warehousing techniques and tools, including a working knowledge of implementing data quality techniques would be a plus
• Initiative and drive, Leadership, Strong Facilitating, Communication, Multi-tasking and Negotiation Skills
• Formulate strategies for identifying and designing reusable components at the enterprise level in addition to taking the lead in steering the implementation.
• Oversee and define development, specifications, technical requirements, system performance objectives, identify necessary system modifications.
• Participate in third-party/vendor product assessments and integrations